How Old Is Medley Thoughts

How Old Is Medley Thoughts

Friday, January 14, 2011

PDP Presidential Primary

Yesterday the 13th day of January 2011 was a big day for me and all reasonable Nigerians as Dr. Good-luck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan emerged as the flag bearer on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party for the April 2011 general election, in fact, an inexplicable joy has been occupying my heart since yesterday. This is one step to the right direction for Nigeria.
I sat glued to the television (and I don't regret it) till 5am that it ended because the PDP primary was to me the main election, anybody from other parties wanting to contend with Dr. Goodluck Jonathan in the April election is just wasting his/her time and money.
mmh, for once the opportunity has been given to a southerner to contest for presidency in Nigeria. I'm not just happy because am a southerner but because eventually change has come to Nigeria. This will positively change Nigeria for the next 50 years.
Tension at first griped me when the voting started, but when the INEC agents started counting the votes I couldn't be happier as Jonathan's name filled the air, I couldn't help but to laugh at Atiku Abubakar (one of the contenders) who was uncomfortable - making and answering calls LOL.

One thing I think Goodluck Jonathan needs to learn is how to say his speeches from the heart and not to read them from a piece of paper. I mean if he really means what he says he should be able to say it without a guide (just like the Rivers State Governor does).  When the presidential aspirants were asked one after the other to give their speech/manifesto, Sarah Jubril (the only female aspirant) was the only person who said her speech from the heart without a guide (though she got only one vote, lol). When Atiku was called up, he rooted out his speech text book, full of criticisms aimed at the Goodluck Jonathan's government and read it out to Nigerians - what a shame!.

When other aspirants where busy telling the good people of Nigeria about their good plans and future intentions for the country, Atiku was busy raining causes and accusations on the ruling government.

 I read in the Saturday Sun newspaper of January 15, 2011. page 59 where Atiku said "I'll assemble best and brightest minds in the country to tackle any challenge", and in page 11, he also said "you'll hear from me". If Atiku fights back, he's just wasting his time and money. The best thing for him now is just to answer  the call of defeat which is already sitting in his living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment